Welcome to the Student Blog
Housing Research Center is proud to announce Launch of Student Blog. Read articles written by students from around the world, sharing their experiences and perceptions with fellow students and professionals.
SERIES 1: Call for Blog Articles
Housing Research Center (HRC) at the University of Management and Technology (UMT) is organizing an Article Writing Contest.
The competition is open to all Architecture, urban planning and urban design majors in all colleges and universities to share their best. The competition aims to plant professional consciousness in students by enhancing their capacities in reviewing, analyzing and solving social problems, connecting planning and design knowledge.
The combined evaluation would be done by the HRC jury panel
Rules for Article Writing:
The article must be an opinion based
Length: 1000-1500 words
For registration visit: https://forms.gle/1VSE288GTBwXMq6N9
Submissions will open from 16 August 2021.
CALL FOR STUDENT BLOG
Submission opening date: 16th August 2021
Last date of submission: 16th September 2021
Closing and Final Announcement of Result: 30th September 2021
The articles of three winning students will be given certficates and their articles will be published on HRC website and Official Social Media Pages.
- Critical analysis on slum and slum up-gradation in the context of Pakistan
- Low-income housing development in Pakistan
- Future of cities and urban development
- Role of architects and urban planners in design for communal spaces
- Role of COVID in adaptive reuse of existing infrastructure
- Role of urban spaces in protests
- Commercial housing
- Housing design ( apartments, courtyard housing, single-family homes, condos)
- Housing instability & homelessness.